LinkedIn, the world's largest professional network with more than 80 million members globally, today launched Career Explorer.
The Career Explorer tool provides current college students with unique, data-driven insights to help them build their careers. Career Explorer enables college students to chart potential career paths, build a professional network and gather valuable insights into the careers they are interested in pursuing.
Career paths are easily mapped out for students, based on aggregate paths that LinkedIn's 80 million members have taken before them.
Additional resources for college students, such as relevant job opportunities, the type of education and experience required, and relevant salary information are also available via Career Explorer.
Career Explorer Features:
• Career Mapping: Explore the paths taken by professionals in various careers. Students can also save and create multiple career paths with Career Explorer.
• Connections: See who in your network can help advance your career within a certain field or company, and meet potential mentors.
• Statistics: Learn interesting facts and statistics about potential professions.
• Jobs: Career Explorer has a module that shows you not only relevant job openings, but also how you can use your network to secure or find more information about those positions.
• Follow Potential Employers: Career Explorer highlights the LinkedIn Company Profiles of potential employers. You can then "follow" those companies and receive updates about them in your news feed. The updates include job postings at the company as well as notifications when people get hired or leave the company.