Earlier this week Facebook released some really interesting (and mind blowing) stats about the mobile versions of the popular social networking site.
The big news is, according to Facebook, that 65 million people around the world use a mobile device to connect to the social networking site.
Here are some more of the highlights:
- Mobile users as a group are twice as engaged as Web-only users, spending more time sharing photos, writing on their friends' walls or doing status updates.
- The bulk of Facebook's mobile users are in the U.S, Canada and Britain.
- Facebook Mobile is also growing rapidly in developing countries such as Indonesia, which has the fourth-largest number of Facebook Mobile users.
- Facebook has built mobile versions of the social networking site for Google's Android mobile operating system, a newly updates iPhone application, as well as versions for BlackBerry,Windows, Palm and Nokia smart-phones.
- Facebook's mobile sites are now translated into more than 60 languages, and the company does business with 180 mobile phone operators worldwide.
- Facebook said that if Facebook Mobile were a standard Web site, it would be the 31st largest on the Internet.