Who's leading the mobile TV revolution? In-Stat reports that the under-35 adult population in the US is fueling the adoption of Web-to-TV video consumption.
Other highlights from the report include:
- Within five years, the number of US broadband households viewing Web-to-TV content will grow to 24 million.
- Already, 29% of US 25 to 34 year olds with game consoles use the devices to watch streaming video off the Internet.
- In five years, there will be 7.4 million US broadband households that use media center PCs for streaming Web-to-TV content.
- TV networks and pay TV operators currently view online TV as additive to pay TV services, but Web-to-TV will ultimately force a complete restructuring of today’s video services.
- Video content will be optimized for broadcast or Web-to-TV based on content type.
- Revenue from Web-to-TV streaming services will grow to $2.9 bln in 2013.