Here's another tidbit from the 16th bi-annual Piper-Jaffray survey of teenage buying patterns and preferences. According to senior research analyst Gene Munster, who directed the study:
- 8% own iPhones, up from from 6% in Spring 2008.
- 22% of students surveyed expect to buy an iPhone in the next 6 months, up from 9% in Spring 2008.
- Of students expecting to buy a mobile phone, 33% specified an iPhone.
- iPod market share rose to 84% from 82% in Fall 2007.
- Of the 40% of students who legally purchase music online, 93% said they use iTunes (up from 79% in Fall 2007).
All of this is, of course, music to Steve Job's ears.