Time to lock your settings down. Facebook doesn't make this easy, however; features are constantly added and the default for each new one seems to favor transparency instead of privacy.
The result: there are hundreds of little changes you need to make to truly control where your information goes.
This handy guide outlines everything you could ever want to know about locking down your privacy on Facebook, and a few things you probably didn't even know you wanted to know.
This guide outlines a variety of things regarding Facebook privacy, including:
- Making sure a comment meant for your friends isn’t seen by co-workers
- Understanding what it means to upload content to Facebook
- Control whether others can check you in to certain locations
- Keeping your Facebook page off Google’s search results
- Blocking unwanted users from seeing your page