U Rock, the popular user-generated content (UGC) summer promotion sponsored by Disney, is back for its third summer!
The contest gives fans the opportunity to create their own music video mash-up set to songs from popular Disney artists and post their original videos on the U Rock site.
You can get more information, including the scoop on all the cool prizes & the rules, over on the official U Rock page.
Unleash Your Kids' Creativity with Disney Create
Create is an entertainment portal on Disney.com, the No. 1 ranked community-family and parenting destination on the Web.
The Create portal features a set of creativity tools that offer an entirely new way to interact with Disney characters and stories.
For the first time, guests have access to rich Disney character art and graphics to design their own works of art then share them with other guests online.
Create builds on the vision created long ago by Walt Disney, “A focus on creativity and engaging the imagination of the guest.”
Since it’s launch, more than 1.2 million original pieces of user-generated kid content have been created within Disney.com/Create!
- Create Apps allow children to design artwork, comic books, music videos, animated pets and more, all using Disney characters and graphics.
- Craft a comic book using favorite Disney characters. Guests lay out pages using fun and wacky graphics, text and images to create their own rich narrative.
- Paint like a master artist, right in your browser, using tools, textures, and fun pens. Create a masterpiece that can be shared for everyone to see!
- Illustrate an animated online pet that can be individually styled and customized. Kids choose from a number of different animals, each with its own collection of pre-set animations, interactions, and accessories.
- Combine photos of favorite Disney stars with hip stickers and cool gear to create personalized images for use on a computer desktop, phone, inside a school locker, or any other fun application guests can dream up.
- Compose a harmonious mix of images, text, and sound. Guests create their own music videos using photos of Disney stars, their own text, and a choice of songs from artists such as Demi Lovato and the Jonas Brothers.
- An innovative new community gallery called the “Group Wall” will launch on Disney.com Create. The first Group Wall theme is a “Tribute to Mickey” and will build a dynamic mosaic portrait of Mickey Mouse with user-generated content.
- Create an online art portfolio on Disney.com to share with friends, filling it with creations from all of the Create activities – digital paintings, comic-books, pets and more.