Three trends are having a key impact in how consumers are using the internet: the rise of the 'packaged internet', with access through apps rather than browsers; an explosion of professional content and real-time social all contributing to what GlobalWebIndex founder Tom Smith sees as the rise of the social entertainment age.
According to Smith, 'The open browser-based internet has failed to create the economics to deliver professional media business online, as advertising could not demand the premiums needed and consumers are unwilling to pay for content delivered through a browser.'
GlobalWebIndex's free report analyses the current situation and considers the implications for professional media, content producers and brands.
- Gen Y, Social TV and Multiplatform Media Consumption
- Study Reveals Shift as Social Networks Become "Social Entertainment
- MTV Turns To Twitter And Facebook To Power New Flagship Show
- eGuides TV Web Extensions
- Bravo Virtual Season Finale Party a Big Hit with Viewers
- Report: Gen Y Wants TV to Get More Social
- I Want My Twitter TV?