General Social Media Stats From the Pearson Study
- There are over 500 million users on Facebook with over 50% logging in at least once per day.
- In the United States alone there are, as of February 2010, 108 million users at a growth rate of around 5 million new users per month. That is a 35% penetration rate of the total US population.
- The average user spends more than 55 minutes per day on Facebook.
- At the end of 2009 Twitter had approximately 75 million active users with a growth rate in Q4 of between 6-8 million new users per month.
- There are over 50 million tweets per day as of March 2010. This is up from 3 million tweets per day in March 2008.
- On YouTube alone, there are over 1 billion views per day.
- There are 20 hours of video uploaded every minute. That’s the equivalent of 130,000 full-length Hollywood movie releases every single week.
- YouTube is the #2 search engine in the world.
- Approximately 82% of Internet users in the USA view videos online.
- There are over 60 million registered users on LinkedIn with about 100,000 new users per week.
- There are approximately 126 million blogs as tracked by BlogPulse.