The movie "We All Want to Be Young" is the outcome of several studies developed by BOX1824 in the past 5 years. BOX1824 is a Brazilian research company specialized in behavioral sciences and consumer trends.
Some of the key generational characteristics (or insights) showcased in the film include:
- the sense of global, personal connection and collective consciousness enabled by the internet (and information age);
- a generalized sense of anxiety brought on by access to an overwhelming amount of information – and the need to stay connected across networks;
- use of hyperbolic language in self-expression, arguably to avoid getting ‘lost’ amidst this information overload;
- blurred definitions and categorizations of self (think designer-slash-DJ-slash copywriter-slash blogger);
- transience in short-term relationships;
- balancing work & pleasure by seeking out pleasure in short, pre-programmed breaks – this generation is used to having access to things that give them immediate pleasure.