Prep & Landing is ABC's first television special produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios. The half-hour holiday special reveals the never-before-told tale of an elite unit of Elves known as Prep & Landing.
Every Christmas Eve, this high-tech organization ensures that homes around the world are properly prepared for a visit from the Big Guy (aka "Santa").
ABC/Disney have rolled out an impressive multiplatform campaign featuring Prep & Landing themed content, holiday crafts and activities on both Disney.com and DisneyFamily.com. In addition, they have a new Prep & Landing mobile gaming app available exclusively for iPhone and iPod Touch.Disney.com is the online command center for exclusive digital content including:
- The full-length Disney Prep & Landing special can be streamed online at Disney.com;
- Exclusive Disney.com original short video “Tiny’s Adventure”;
- Kringle Academy online game, where players can train to become part of the Prep & Landing team;
- Digital toys and downloadable artwork;
- North Pole web cam;
- Do-It-Yourself Prep & Landing booklet, offering kids a guide to prep their house for Santa’s arrival;
- A printable village play set so kids can dream up their own adventures for Wayne and Lanny;
- Printable 3-D versions of the Disney Prep & Landing elves;
- Dozens of different holiday crafts and printable activities, including a Gingerbread man decoder, ornaments, and even an elf-size door craft so kids without a fireplace can make sure Wayne and Lanny inspect their home.
- iPhone and iPod Touch users can download a new Disney Prep & Landing game featuring three mini-games and other content based on the television special;
- Players take on the role of Lanny, an elf in training, who takes on the various challenges and obstacles experienced at Kringle Academy;
- With the help of fellow rookie Wayne, Lanny’s goal is to finish the last three exams, graduate from the Academy and become part of the elite group of elves who prepare houses for Santa’s arrival. Cost: $.99
Prep & Landing Facebook Page
Disney has also launched an official Prep & Landing Facebook page featuring:
- An online hub for fans to connect with other Prep & Landing fans;
- A behind the scenes video featuring with the cast as they introduce Disney's first animated television special made exclusively for ABC;
- Discussion message board, photos, events & online community features.