Whatâs the point of Twitter? Should educators incorporate Twitter into their curriculum? What difference does using Twitter and other types of social media make in the learning process?
High School students at Roosevelt High School in Minneapolis are using social media tools and unblocked access to the Internet and as a result are engaged in the learning process in a whole new way.
In this video, put together by the University of Minnesota, a teacher explains how having discussions about their English class online has increased their level of attention and engagement in their studies.
- Twitter Handbook for Teachers
- Nine Great Reasons Why Teachers Should Twitter
- Twitter College Directory
- UK Students May Be Required to Master Twitter
- Directory of Learning Professionals on Twitter
- Tweeting about Twitter
- Knowledge Essentials Media > CBS News 9 > Should Your Teen be Tweeting?
- Using Facebook in the Elementary Classroom